Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Okay. Little Mermaid.

So. I watched this atrocity.

BLEGH.

Ok. The chorus was terrible and completely superfluous and was upstaging the people talking half the time. They were all like five year old kids that didn't know the dance moves, or the notes to the songs.

The mersisters. Almost all of them were tone deaf. I'm not even kidding. It was AWFUL. I know the mersisters are supposed to kind of be inferior to Ariel and stuff, but these girls just... *shudder*

King Triton. I'm giving up criticizing him. There's just too much... And that's just his acting...

Scuttle was actually fabulous and hilarious, but the gulls are another story. All they do is follow Scuttle around and it's completely pointless.

Ariel and Flounder were good, Sebastian was great, Ursula was phenomenal, Jetsam was fantastic.
Then there was Flotsam.
I'm so embarrassed... I feel so stupid... I thought I did a pretty good job the week of LM, but now that I watch it from the audience's POV... UGH. I was just... I just sounded... Gross....

And Prince Eric... I love him, he's one of my theatre friends, but he MUMBLES. SO BADLY. Just all the time! It's like, "Grimsby, were can I find a girl that's good for a guy like mmmmmmnb..."
If he would enunciate and not have a bored expression all the time, he would be fantastic.

Now onto the aspects of the show that are stupid by themselves, without the help of the cast.

Under the Sea. Everyone in the cast was CRAMMED onto the stage and forced to dance. The feature dancers (which there's really nothing feature about. There were probably 20 of them) all held these huge umbrellas which just created a shiny surface that could've caused a seizure. And there's someone in the crew with epilepsy.
After Under the Sea, when everyone leaves, Sebatian and the feature dancers stayed, and the Under the Sea Music was played AGAIN, where they just stayed on stage and danced the SAME EXACT monotonous dance as before, which was extremely pointless. Then Sebastian goes into the crowd for like three minutes going "Have you seen Ariel?". This is pointless as well. I could understand if they had to do a scene change why this would be beneficial, but pretty much everything that had to be done could've been done during the pointless dancing.

I just--

Ok. I'm done.

And now tomorrow I'm going to go help out this sorrowful theatrical group plan their next production.

Wish me luck.

-Demy

Hopefully I'll find out what we're doing for the spring musical. If I find out I'll tell you.

Fingers crossed for Beauty and the Beast!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment