Friday, January 6, 2012

Demy's (suckish) Friday Fantasy!

After being constantly badgered by Meg, I finally have written the first chapter of...
Demy's Friday Fantasy!!!

Which sucks, by the way... I've given it quite a bit of thought though. My mental trash can got full of crappy ideas, too, and some of them probably found their way in here. If they did, I'm sorry. And if you think that this story is stupid and sucks, then I am also sorry. I can usually think of a decent first chapter, though, but after that, I suck at writing.
So, without further adieu... (what does "adieu" mean anyway...?)

DEMY'S FRIDAY FANTASY!





Intro


   Nightmare. All it is, is a nightmare. I'll wake up soon I know it.
But I never do. It's real. I just like to think that it's just a nightmare that I can wake up from.
You can never run from nightmares. They just get more vivid the more you try to get away. But when you try to go deeper, unspeakable horrors await you.
And so it happened. I tried to go deeper, find out the truth, but now I'm just stuck in a labyrinth that I can never escape.


Chapter 1: The First Nightmare


   Two years ago. That was when. The event that changed my life was two years ago.
Let me give you some background information. Me and my twin brother turned 15 that year. Our birthday was just another day for us, until our mom got sick. There was this disease going around our town that could kill you before you even knew you were sick. Needless to say, it didn't end well. My Dad, my brother, and I were all devastated.
   But that's not the event I was talking about. It was not long after that, that our dad, who designs weapons for the military, was offered a large sum of money for some of his weapon schematics. He always used to discuss everything with Mom before he made a decision on something, but since he couldn't do that, and because the client seemed very mysterious, he declined. The client wouldn't take no for an answer though. He said that my dad had better give it to him, or else. My dad refused again.
   When he came home that evening, he seemed very distraught. He was in deep contemplation for hours at a time. We snapped him out of it long enough to ask him what was wrong. All he said, and didn't seem to be talking to us as much as just thinking aloud, "Or else...?" I didn't understand it until he ran up the stairs and locked all of the schematics on his desk in his safe. After he had left the room I went up there to see what he locked in there. I opened the safe, I had learned the combination long ago, and saw some weapons drawn out that looked very lethal. I still remember the exact things written and drawn on the sheets of paper due to my photographic memory. I later destroyed all of the schematics after I memorized them all.
Not even bothering to consult my brother, Peter, after I looked at all of the secrets held within the safe, I went to bed with my thoughts jumbled. Or else? I didn't have all of the thoughts straightened out, but I knew something was going to happen.

   I was awoken later that night by a sound from downstairs. I sat up and got out of bed. I crept down the staircase and saw something in the darkness of the room. I stepped off of the last step and saw the figure a bit clearer. A...man?   "Hello?" I called out in the darkness. The man was surveying the area, and probably wouldnt've noticed me if I hadn't spoken, looked up at me and held his arm out in front of him. My hello was answered by gun shot and awful pain in my right side, right below my ribs. I clenched my wound in my hand and felt the wet, red liquid pouring out. I cried out in pain and fell back onto the stairs. My shout woke my dad and Peter. I heard them fumbling around in the darkness upstairs and then the man stepped over me and went up the staircase. Another gun shot was followed my a moan of my brother's. I could almost feel the pain he was feeling because of us being twins. Another gun shot stopped the moaning and I got a headache. I knew where he had shot him. More gun shots followed.
   I couldn't stay conscious much longer. With all of the blood I was losing, combined with the pain in my side, it was all I could do to keep from dying right then. I slipped in and out of consciousness and awoke to different scenes each time. Cops breaking into the house. Inside of an ambulance with doctors hovering over me. Inside of a hospital, with more doctors hovering. Finally I woke up and didn't fall under again. No doctors this time, just me alone on a hospital bed with bandages around my wound. I got a little lightheaded when I sat up, but other than that I felt fine...physically. Mentally, I was a wreck. I couldn't think straight and I ended up breaking down in tears. All of my family was gone. There was nothing I could do about it. Unless...
   I ran down the stairs of the hospital and sprinted to the front desk.
"Is there anyone here named Peter or Walter Xyles here?" I said urgently, between each heavy breath.
The lady at the desk just typed something on her keyboard and said, "Nope, sorry. Just a James Xyles, but he was pronounced dead not long ago"
   What? Dead? How could they've thought I was dead? Either way, I guess I was legally dead now. But apparently my family was more than legally dead. I walked away with despair clouding my face. I went back up to my room and sat down on the bed. I had to leave soon and find some answers, but first I needed to change out of the hospital gown. It would be very noticeable if I walked out of the hospital wearing that. I eventually found my clothes and put them back on. The blood stains and the hole in it alarmed some people as I walked out, but other than that, I was pretty inconspicuous.
   I walked back to my house. I had remembered the route home from the hospital when my mom used to work there and I would come help out occasionally. I was greeted by yellow tape surrounding the house and several cop cars parked outside. I ducked under the tape and made my way toward the house. As I stepped inside there were several news reporters walking up and down the stairs, examining evidence and blood. I couldn't stand it anymore. I had to leave. I had to find out who did this. I needed to find the man that destroyed everything I had left. And I will overcome anything in my way.

***************************************************************

And that's the end of the first chapter. I hope you liked it. And again, I'm terribly sorry if it sucked. (And if you are reading this Meg, OKAY! SO I CAN'T WRITE AS GOOD AS YOU! SHUT UP! WE CAN'T ALL BE EPIC!) Oh, and sorry for it being so long.

Fly on, (even if you can't fly)


Demy Nom

No comments:

Post a Comment