Friday, January 6, 2012

Meg's Romantic Mind pt. VI

This is the final installment of this series. I will start a new one Friday 13th, 2012 entitled "It was a normal day" I really hope you like it. Here is the end of Meg's Romantic Mind:





"Influenza," Said the fat doctor,"Cases have been breaking out all over Europe, how the girl got it, well, I'll never know. But she must stay here, or risk infecting all of Paris. It hasn't touched France until now, I'm going to have to report this."
Matthew screamed,"They will slaughter her!"
"She'll die anyway!"
I moaned. My mother let a shrill cry.
"Let me by!" yelled the doctor. It took all my energy to raise my head and open my eyes to see Matthew blocking the Doctor's only exit.
"Save her first. Don't report her."
"They'll have my permit."
"And I'll have your head on a stick in my garden!" A hoarse laugh escaped me, and I sounded like hell.
Matthew looked from me to the doctor."Please help her," he whispered,"If not for me then Madame Jules, for the girl, please!" When had he started caring for me so? I tried to ignore the tears Mother dripped on my face as I listened to Matthew.
"I will kill you if she dies,"Matthew said, trying bad cop again. The Doctor gave a resigned sigh before he said,"Fine."
The doctor retreated to somewhere in the house, and they all held rags over their faces when I was near, or rather they near me, I never left my bed. Matthew always stayed by me, and once the rag left his mouth. For an extended amount of time.
"P-put the rag back on," I moaned.
"No."
"P-plle-"
"Don't talk," he whispered.
"You n-need t-to go to he-her. To-to bleagh drawga..." My speech was already slurring. I was dying slowly. Maybe he should've let them kill me.
He didn't say anything. Why was he staying?
"I won't leave you. I stay with you till you-"
"Pity," I whispered. That was the reason.
"No."
"Yeaw, yeaw," I mumbled drunkenly, presently, the pain in body was growing stronger. I would not last the night, this much I knew.
"No. No pity do I feel for you," he whispered.
"Lies..." I whispered. Oh how I was tired of them! My lies...
"No." he said again.
He had never told a lie to my face besides the pity he supposedly felt for me. Pitiful. But I had told many a lie to him. It needed to end. For when he went to his Phantom Mistess to confess, he would find nothing but darkness. Darkness in his mind and soul. The lies on my part needed to end.
"Mattwew," I groaned,"My bwgag," and I pointed toward my wardrobe.
Warily, he stood and walked to the wardrobe and reaching in, he pulled out the violet accessory. He simply stared at it for a moment, as if he recognized it.
"Mah! Mwah!" I reached my hand toward him frantically grabbing. He handed it to me and his hand grazed mine in the process.
Gently, my sore hands felt the violet mask and, sparing a glance for Matthew, thrust it onto my face. His eyes did not bulge, his lips released no gasp. His burning eyes simply caught mine, and tears welled in his dark honey eyes. He took his hands and wrapped them lovingly around my frail ones and my head snapped up to look at him.
"Meg," he whispered.
"Matthew, my Matthew."
And he leaned in and before I could respond, I felt my chest cracking and my self seizing, but his lips pressed hard to mine, and he never noticed the breath leaving my body and the emptiness filling it, but in my last moments, I felt his kiss and that was all that was there. It filled me, and tried to revive me, but it was not enough.

And when he pulled away,

My head fell limp.

And I never had the time to cry out in pain

***
The next several,...well, what felt years, I wandered in blackness and for a while I was frightened to step on it, but I got used to it. And, after years and years, I found the edge. The pure solid blackness turned to grey puffs of smoke, less stable. I leaned over the edge and my eyes caught sight of the first light I'd seen since...when? When I kissed Matthew I had had my eyes closed. So before then, right before I put the mask on.
I gasped at the sight before me. My body lay cold enclosed in the black silver chamber. The bodies, all clothed in black morned and cried, but only for my mother. She bawled over my body and I saw Sorelli comfort her. Sorelli! Little Jammes! They had hated me because of Matthew! Because, despite of his mother, he had contacts in the opera house like the Comte!
Matthew...Matthew...Matthew! Matthew! Where was he? Frantically my eyes scanned the crowd, and he was no where to be found. I remembered him saying...He couldn't live without the girl in the mask. No! I had been traveling...was he so strong? So bold faced as to...no. He didn't have the gall.
I opened my mouth, but no noise came out, and as I gently cried, no water poured from my eyes. So the gentle crying turned to fierce sobs, until the warm hands touched my waist from behind. And the sobs wracking in my throat stopped, and it turned to soundless laughter. He flipped me to face him, and his warm mouth met mine. I pushed him back for just a moment, just to see his face.
"How much do I love you?" he mouthed.
"How deep is the ocean, how high is the sky?" I mouthed and we kissed each other.
And in the dead silence, we shared forever, on the little grey puff of cloud. It carried us to Heaven where our Highbourn Kinsman came, and married us. And our forever was legal,

And forever it lasted.



THE END

2 comments:

  1. Goodness, is that how cheesy I write?-Meg Giry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg. You write so much better than me! Now I feel intimidated!

    -Demy Nom

    ReplyDelete