Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Is Meg the Only One...?

Is Meg the only one who believe there was a monster in her closet, but a portal next to it, leading you into a hallway, with doors leading into other dimensions? I thought about that last night. It was kinda pink and swirly in there, I remember. With lightning. I remember two doors. One was like, dinosaur time, and the other was like, a 50s diner for monsters. Uber creepy.
     There was a door, at the end of the hallway, and it belonged (in my mind) to a door in my boyfriend for some period of time/guy friend/crush's bedroom.

I don't know why I remember this, I just remember as a child I had an extremely overactive imagination.

My house is surrounded by trees. I used to dream that beyond those trees, anything was possible. It was beautiful, and mystical, and wonderful. My took me down a little road yesterday, with little run down houses lining the sides.
"You see those lights over there?" she asked,"those are the lights you see when you look through the trees at night."



And I guess there went the last piece of little Meg. I often wish I had the chance to go back and talk to my younger self. Just to hold her, to tell her she's loved. Lately, I've been doing a lot of looking in the mirror, trying to find little traces of her. She was paler than I am now, her teeth were big, and her huge blue eyes were dull, and too far apart. There was always something in her eyes though, something that's not in her body now. I can't put my finger on it.
     She was innocent, and good, and sometimes put her foot in her mouth. A lot. She always raised her hand, and she always read in the corner. She hung out with the popular kids, but they didn't really ever confide in her. (For those of you who know, Meg has only had two boyfriends. (I don't really count them either) One is dusche. The other is dusche. Both are popular dusches. One thinks I'm bisexual.) But she hid from her parents and she never felt loved. It was the Meg that's here now that told her to try to commit suicide, not the good girl she was.
     She's gone from me now, and darkness has swallowed the light and theres no way I can bring her back anymore. I felt her leave me. She's gone.
     I can't go back in time.  I can't tell her what to do. I don't want to change my fate



I just want to help that little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment