Friday, August 17, 2012

Me, I Can See All the Beauty Underneath CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3





I stared at the uninvited guest in my room, as my head spun. I tried to stumble out of bed, but my head rang and I yelped, falling back into place.
"I'm dying..." I whimpered.
"You're lucky, I think I'm already dead," said the blonde man in the corner. I saw the dark black make-up around his eyes, and quickly remembered the night before. I didn't remember this  by any means.
"How...why...what happened?" I sobbed.
"...Someone spiked that punch last night. We both got dead drunk."
"No," I growled. "Why did you do this to me?" I screamed.  Edward gestured for me to lower my voice. I obeyed.
"Did you...even think?" I growled.
"I didn't ever dream it was you under the mask! Did you think it was me?"
"Absolutely not! I was looking for Alphonse-" I stopped dead and I watched as Ed turned from grey to white to green. I got up and ran for the bathroom and wretched for a good seven minutes. I heard Edward throwing up somewhere just feet behind me. I wasn't sure where it was but I prayed it was somewhere that it wouldn't leave a stain or a smell.
"God...Alphonse..." I crooned his name. I wandered back into my room, wanting to flop down on my bed, but it was sticky and disgusting at the moment, and I had no intention of staying there. I layed down on the floor, hitting my head on the leg of my nightstand. I groaned as my head spun. "What did...What did you do?" I screamed at Ed, who was walking back into my bedroom.
"What did I do? What did I do? What did YOU do, bitch?! Did you honestly plan to meet Alphonse, or did you just want to whore up with any man who offered?"
"God...God, no!" I yelled, shoving him. I watched as his eyes burned as he recovered from the fall, and he came barreling toward me. He stopped, his hands just inches from my throat.
"If he didn't love you..." he whispered, his voice wavering. He turned, so I couldn't see his face. I wondered what his expression was.
"Edward Elric took away my virginity..." I whispered, staring at my ceiling. "Kill me," I whispered to him. I saw out of the corner of my eye his shocked look, turning to me.
"What?" he whispered.
"Kill me....There's a knife under my bed...kill me." I just stared at the ceiling, not speaking, not really seeing.
"Look at me," I heard him, growl. When I didn't he kneeled beside me, and twisted my head to look at him and it caused my ears to ring.
"Ah!-"
"Never say that," he growled. I saw his expression, and I dropped dead silent.
"I'm sorry..." I whispered. "...Why did you come to the ball last night anyway? You were supposed to be watching May-"
"Our foster dad did. I snuck out. I meant to pick up a few drunk girls. Instead, I ended up with my brother's drunk girlfriend. Beggars can't be choosers, I guess."
"Oh, so that's how it's gonna be, huh?" I asked. "Look, last night, you were in to me, Edward Elric."
"Yeah, and you also had a mask on."
"...You liked me. You slept with me....By the way, why would you take a drunk girl to my room to have sex with her? I thought you didn't know it was me."
"I didn't, but I knew there was a vacant room where I could get laid."
"...God..." I whispered, grabbing my head. "Look, I am in no way, shape, or form proud of what I did. But, I am in control now, Edward. You can never make me feel disgusting again." I smiled, cherishing my victory, but Edward stepped toward me and smirked. I felt the darkness come over me, and I knew my victory was celebrated too soon.
"Violet...Violet...Last night...oh, last night. I pulled your hair...I...bit your neck...traced my fingers up your spine...and fucked you till you were shaking. And you come here and say you've won? Oh no, dear. You see, this game has only just begun. There's hell to pay Violet.
     Here's the story. You looked and looked and looked for Alphonse. You looked for two hours, then went to bed. I snuck out, picked up a few drunk girls, got laid, the whole shebang. Got it? We never saw each other. Stick to your story." Edward started to leave after this speech, leaving me very scared. Very alone.
"Edward!" I yelled, he ran back, surprised. "...Never mind..."
"You wanted to know something about last night?" he asked, smiling.
"No," I blushed angrily, staring at the ground as the tears began to spring up.
"No, you did. He's something: You screamed my name. You knew it was me, Princess. Chew on that for a while. 'Night."

He left with that, and I collapsed on the ground, shaking. I screamed for Alphonse, for Mr. Zanuck, for God, for anyone who would listen. I was four floors under, and no one would ever hear my screams. No one heard them last night, so why did it matter?
     I threw the sheets away and cleaned the vomit from the floor. Four different times. I couldn't stop getting sick. Hangovers suck. I bled a lot too, a side effect from losing your virginity.
     After doing this, pulling new sheets onto my bed, I curled up into it until I cried myself to sleep and Alphonse found me the next morning. I refused to let myself cry.
**********************************************************************************
Alphonse, Edward, and May came in while I was sweeping the stage.
"Hey!" I cried as little May hopped up on me. I leaned down to kiss Alphonse, and I noticed Edward looking at me, and he mouthed something. I mouthed something in May's ear so that she would talk Alphonse to death and I snuck off.
     Ed pulled me through the hallway into the broom closet.
"What?" I asked, but he had pressed something into my palm. I looked at the box. "A pregnancy test?...You like...released inside of me?"
"God, Vi, I dunno! I was so drunk I'm lucky I remember it was you I banged!"
"I remember. That night, when I was sober...I remembered. Everything. God, Ed, if you were banging a random girl you should know better than to-"
"You were my first time, okay?" he said.
"What?" I whispered. I stared at his gold eyes, he was looking down. I pulled his chin to look at me. "Were you really looking to get laid that night?" I asked.
"I was looking for a girl. That's all I know."
***
Ten minutes later, I stepped back into the theatre. Edward stared at me, and I shook my head no. He looked back at his feet, his hands shoved into his red jacket pockets, frowning. What if I had been pregnant? God...
***********************************************************************************
Alphonse and I were laying in his back yard, it was twilight and the grass was tickling my face.
"Your grass is too long," I said, shoving him.
"Edward cuts it."
"Well tell him to!" we laughed.
"I love you," he whispered.
"I love you too," I sighed, and we leaned into to kiss, but Al stopped and looked at the porch. "Hey, Ed! What's-" but he stopped, and the smile slipped off his face. 
I turned to look at Ed. His eyes were hurt and confused, and his eyebrows were pushed together. He held a paper packet in his hand. I hadn't seen this before, but I could guess what was happening. I looked at Alphonse...
How many more times would I be able to say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment