Friday, July 6, 2012

Me, I Can See All The Beauty Underneath CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2




      "Vi, it's gorgeous!"
"It's not even done. This is the color of the corset."
"Oh...it's still gorgeous." I laughed at Alphonse. He held in his hands my lavender corset which would go under my silver and violet dress. We were all to be masked. Alphonse said I couldn't see his outfit, which saddened me. I had dreams about him in an old green army suit with silver shoulder pads and tassels. His blonde hair combed to the side. His hands on my waist, spinning me around and around....
"Violet, you good for nothing, did you hear me?"
"You know Edward, you could be a little nicer to me. What is it you want now?"
"I'm hungry," he grumbled.

 We were in my room in the basement of the theatre house, and May was upstairs playing in the audience seats, watching some children's show I got her tickets for. I normally watched all shows, even dumb children's ones, but Alphonse wanted to see my room and Edward said he wanted to see if my room was as stupid as I was. I slapped him and lead Alphonse down.
     The ladder was stretched out on my bed, still fingering my corset, while the former was in my vanity chair, turning the glass perfume bottles I kept in his hands.
"This is really just an old dressing room, but keeping them four stories below the stage doesn't do well for costume changes. I kept most everything the same, just added a bed and a bookshelf and it was my own."
"Quaint..." Edward murmured.
Alphonse sent him a look, telling him to behave, then looked apologetically at me.
"I'll go check on May..." Edward whispered.
"Let me do it," Alphonse said, rising. I looked at him sickly but he left, not realizing what Edward would do once he was gone.
"You gonna dance with Al?" he asked after a pregnant pause.
"I hope."
"Why do you hope? You're dating aren't you?"
"...I don't...Its not official or anything but...I guess...I mean, is that what Alphonse says?"
"Look, Princess, I don't care what I think about you, or what May thinks, or even what you think. Alphonse likes you. If you hurt him-"
"I will never hurt him," I hissed. "Now quit acting like some cad and treat me with respect. Alphonse worries when you call me names. I hate seeing him apologize for you, got it?"
"...You little slut...Alphonse can do better-"
"Don't you think I know that? Alphonse is perfect and why he would choose a girl whose mother and father abandoned her is beyond me. I was worthless then and I'm worthless now, but Edward, for some miracle or another, your brother likes me. I'm going to give him all the love he deserves, okay? So just back off and let me love him."
"...You're right. You are worthless. And pathetic. But he likes you. So I'll just have to shut up and watch."
     I held in the tears. I had never told Alphonse what I had just told his brother, and I worried he would hear them from Ed and not me. I would tell him at the ball tomorrow. And Edward...God, I hated him. Why wouldn't he just leave me alone? Bringing my mother and father up had been too much and he had taken the bait.
"Violet?"
I turned and looked at Edward.
"...He says you name...in his sleep. He cares about you. A hell of a lot. It's beyond me, but he does care. Treat him good."
"I will do anything for him if he says that he loves me. He will be the first one to say so."
*************
I walked out of the back of the theatre into the ballroom in my violet dress. The corset was practically choking me, and it gave me a slight expression of cleavage, but not a lot.
    I gasped at the gorgeous room, filled with the color of the dancers-both performers and on-lookers. I was either tonight. I could be whoever I wanted to be.
     Walking around, I noticed-to my surprise-many a man watching me. Each would smile a smirk-a tell-tale sign they were trouble-and bow. I danced with several, and after I had danced two dances with the same tan boy with dark hair and bubble-gum breath, I asked his pardon and took leave. I could not find Alphonse anywhere I looked. After a solid 10 minutes, I gave up, and found a seat at the end of the room, next to the refreshments.
      I took a sip of punch, and drown it down as if it were some liquor. A deep voice behind me chuckled. I turned, shocked.
"You seem to be having a rough night," the stranger said, openly. He had on a dark red suit, and a skeleton mask with black eye paint. I laughed.
"And Red Death acknowledges me?"
"Of course," replied the man, with a wave of his arm, casting away his cloak. "May I sit?"
"Certainly," I mumbled.
"More punch?"
"Please."
"...It's very good punch," said the man after a pause.
"Yes," I supplied.
"Ma'am,  I couldn't help but notice how truly lovely you look in that dress," he said. I felt my face get hot and I neglected in that moment to notice his eyes on my cleavage.
"Thank you," I mumbled.
"May I have this dance?" he asked, almost sarcastically and over dramatically.
"Of course," I replied in the same tone.
     We twirled, and I soon found myself dizzy and laughing away with this stranger. All thoughts of Alphonse faded as the man took me and dipped me low, letting his lips slyly brush my neck. I shivered in his arms, and he twirled us away from the crowd.
"Follow me," he whispered sleepily, taking me. I let him lead me away into an elevator.

That's the last thing I remember before I woke up in my bed, the sheets wet with sweat and other unmentionable things. I grabbed my head and moaned.
"Morning sleepy," I heard though my ringing ears. I looked up to see who had spoken, then cried out when I saw who.

Edward Elric sat unclothed at my vanity. I twisted the sheets around me, then realized what I had done.







































oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Please don't hate me for that. FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS!! READ NEXT FRIDAY'S STORY!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


-MEG

No comments:

Post a Comment