Saturday, May 5, 2012

I've been busy...

Sorry I havn't updated you on Misto lately. The last few weeks have been kinda of hectic...



Chapter 4

"Did I not tell you, Father? He is a very likely candidate, is he not?" Poppy stood on the roof of a building with Macavity, watching the fight between Alonzo and Mistoffelees end with a flash of blue light.
Macavity chuckled. "I do admit, you have a talent of picking possible candidates," he told her. "You were smart to anticipate that young Mistoffelees would have power."
"Thank you, Father." Poppy said curtly.
"I must have his power in my possession. If not, he must be destroyed. He is too powerful to oppose me," Macavity continued, "See to it that he remains loyal."
"Well, Father..." Poppy began, "It seems to me that he doesn't favor you. That wretched Soprano is the one he prefers."
"I see." Macavity said coolly.
"But without her, there may be hope yet." Poppy grinned.
"Indeed." Macvity shared the sinister grin.


"What did I do?" Mistoffelees asked himself as he sauntered back to the alley. "How did I do that?" It was so odd. More than odd; it was downright weird.
When he returned to the alley, he went to sleep immediately, worn out by the fight.
Alonzo kept an eye on Misto all night. And the night after that. And the night after that. He was completely filled with a burning hatred. For Macavity? For Mistoffelees? For Misto's powers? Alonzo didn't even know. It seemed just like hate in general. For the world, maybe.
Over the next few days, Misto remained silent, worried about his miraculous powers. What else could he do, and could it hurt some one? He was grateful that he didn't hurt Alonzo. If he had, he didn't know what he would do with himself.
Poppy had returned not long after Alonzo had that night. Through the next week she also kept to herself. She didn't want to tip anyone off about her encounter--or meeting--with Macavity. Just wait for the right time, she told herself.
Smudge recovered from his fight with Alonzo after a few days and was up and arguing with him again, getting back into the swing of things. Right now, Melody had talked him into playing hide-and-seek with her, Victoria, Misto, Alphie, Fang, and Hazard.
He found Hazard quickly, for Smudge saw Hazard's tail from behind the tree that he was hiding behind. Next was Melody, she was never good at keeping quiet. Then it was Fang, he was just a bad hider. Now he was just looking for Vicky and Misto.
"Hmmm... Now where could they be...?" Smudge asked himself. He wandered around the park without much luck.
Mistoffelees and Alphie were hiding in the same bush, and Alphie made a silly face at Mistoffelees, which made him burst out in laughter. He was still young enough to think that those kinds of things were funny.
Smudge searched for them and found them with the help of Misto's laughter. Alphie suddenly thought that making Misto laugh was a bad idea.
"I win!" Victoria called out from the top of a tree.
"Victoria! Get down from there!" Smudge called up to her. Vicky wasn't supposed to climb trees yet, their mother thought she was too young.
"Alright," she called back. She started working her way back down the tree.
Luckily, Smudge was right underneath her as she fell.
"I told you." he said, sliding her off of his back. "Now be careful."
"Sorry." she pouted, making a mental note the she needed to learn to be more graceful.
"What are all of you doing?" Alonzo asked as he walked up to them.
"Playing," Mistoffelees said cheerfully.
Alonzo simply rolled his eyes at Mistoffelees and walked away. Too childish for such power, he thought.
"Mistoffelees," Smudge said to Misto, "You want to tell me what has been going on with you and Alonzo."
Misto sat and remained silent.
"Come now, Misto. You know you can tell me," Smudge said sincerely.
"I don't want to talk about it," Misto said.
"Please?" Smudge said.
Mistoffelees sighed. "I-I'm not even sure."
"Well, you two have had some tension for the past few days. If it is this important, then you should know something."
"Well, I-- a few nights ago, Alonzo left the alley and I went after him. After a while I guess he sensed that someone was following him and he ended up attacking me--"
"He what?" Smudge shouted.
"It was an accident," Mistoffelees explained, "he didn't know it was me. When I tried to get him off of me, somehow I... I don't know. It was weird. It was like there was lightning that shot out of my paws." He hoped that he didn't sound like a fool, but it was true.
Smudge cursed under his breath. Macavity. Worry crossed his face. "Listen. Do not tell anyone of this. Do you understand?"
"A-alright," Mistoffelees stuttered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please tell me that I didn't get too Fullmetal Alchemist-ish with the beginning... Geez... I need help...

-Demy

PS The next two chapters are way better.

No comments:

Post a Comment