Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rehersal for Cats. All week.

Busy week for little old Demy. I have rehersal for Cats every day through the week (exept Friday.) and rehersal for the Music Man tomorrow and Thursday. And then we have a choir thing on Friday. Can I have anything more to do this week?
Oh, so the choir is going to go see Cats next week when we preform for schools, so people might actually come see it. Meg, I'm going to explain something before I forget. I believe that the cast that we will use when the choir comes does not consist of Tony (I'm going to call him that because that's who he was in West Side Story) as the Rum Tum Tugger. I apologize if you miss out on the Tony pelvic thrusts, in which he demonstrated backstage tonight... But he does play Macavity! And I know how you love Macavity. His evil laugh is awesome :), and you get to see him fight with Munkustrap, so, bonus. One thing I do hope, though, is that little kids don't cry during the show. I have no clue what grades are going to be seeing Cats next week (let's face it, The Naming of Cats is going to probably scare some kids, as is Macavity, and possibly even Grizabella...), but I swear if they cry--!!! And plus, NOBODY KNOWS WHAT CATS IS ABOUT!!! Well, I do, but no little kid is going to grasp the complexity of the plot! What little kid can understand that all of the Jellicles are sort of "auditioning" for Old Dueteronomy so he will pick them to go to the Heaviside Layer? And that all of their lives have basically been suckish, so they want another chance at life? And then there's the mistreatment of Grizabella that reflects upon the mistreatment of animals--and humans--in real life. It's actually a deep story when you dig into it. Maybe I'm just taking it too seriously, though. But the kids in the audience are probably just going to be like "ohh, they sing pretty!", or "they dance good!", or even "that fat one looks like a bear!" (I did mention that I have watched Cats with a three year old, right? She thought that Old Dueteronomy was a bear, I think. I'm pretty sure she said something about a bear...) anyway, it might be better if there weren't some suckish people that have a main parts. Like one of the Skimbleshanks's. Well, look at it this way, Meg, at least if you don't see Tony as Tugger, I'm pretty sure you will be spared of the suckish Skimble :). As for Jemima, I'm not sure. There are like four different ones, so the odds of you having to listen to "Mrs. Paroo" (you know who I mean), are slim. Which is good. Jemima has some pretty high notes, but both of us know that Mrs. Paroo is an ALTO!

Well I do believe that I have done enough ranting for now.
Till next time,
Demytra Nom

No comments:

Post a Comment