Friday, December 2, 2011

Meggie's Romantic Mind...

We all know how much Meggie likes to talk about her feelings (ugh) I'm the girl with the heart on her sleeve that cries during every movie and laughs when the evil step-mother dies, even though the beautiful princess-daughter is grieving. Yeah, its that messed up in there. Anyway, Meg's sitting at her computer chugging a Dr.P, trying to stay awake for tonight's performance she has to do (Crystal, Nessa, and Christine will also be with me) and she has been day dreaming all day (well 8th hour anyway) just to give you, her Friday Fantasy


MEG'S FRIDAY FANTASY

So, well imagine....

I'm sitting here, looking forlorn. Oh, why must I love such things? People swirled all around in their beautiful gowns, the women lovely, the men dapper, all in their Sunday finest. The Moonlit Gala is happening, I'd been preparing all week, and here I sat, pathetic and depressed. Alas, alack!
      I looked around the Paris opera house, the swirling gowns, the colors, the lights, calling my name. I lived here, I was raised here, then why did I feel so far from home? My mother danced across the room, once again spreading the word and bragging endless about her ballerina daughter. How lovely her voice, how sweet and fluid her motions, I internally gagged.
      And once again, around I looked, hoping for just one man to spare me a glance. Meg Giry : Plain and ordinary. Yes, ignore the woman with a brain! Ignore her thoughts, her ideas! All men, the dominate species. Oh, how high and mighty! Repress my thoughts! Curb my tongue! A generation will come where women won't have to be ditz, it won't be necessary to powder our noses and paint our cheeks and lips to fit societies idea of a "beautiful woman". Yes society, shun Meg Giry, but can you control and reprimand the women of the future?
      I knew the hopeless romantic in me would have to bite my tongue, smile and wave and show my proper edicate. With an unnoticed sneer, I gently threw back my shoulders and puffed out my chest, and plastered on a face smile. I waved at the men, they gave a gentlemanly hello, but I knew these men. They were disgusting boys, I grew up with them. Disgusting boys, and I knew their fathers and how they treated their wives. I turned up my nose.
       Then, in the distance, I saw it. Or him.

His eyes were glued to a book, a thick book. I had read it once already, I knew the material by heart. I smiled, an intelligent conversation! (considering he understood the book). I lifted my skirts, so not to trip, but then I got a real look at the man. I froze and retreated quickly.
     What had come over me? My stomach grew airy and uncomfortable and my heart was pounding. I had read about this. Stealing one my look at the man, I turned away and felt my disposition grow stronger.
           Immediately I saw the man in my head. His bronze hair was wild, and untamed, yet he held it with a violet ribbon on the back of his head. His brown eyes were glowing as he read every word, they quickly scanned the page and his fingers nimbly flipped it and his eyes repeated the pattern. His pale skin was glowing in the warm lights that came from the candled chandelier.
      I straightened my mask on my face and smoothed my violet skirts down and walked toward him with my chin stuck out with pride. I was Meg Giry, the ballerina, the singer, the dancer, the....House wife? ugh, but he....
  
"Hello, sir?"
He looked up and his brown eyes stunned me and he gave a white smile that made my heart skip a beat
"Hello, ma'am, may I help you?"
"No, no," I stuttered " I mean, yes sir, I-I mean, I was just wondering what you thought of that book."
"Oh ,it brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Why, were you thinking of reading it?"
"No, I've read it before. And brilliant isn't exactly very creative or proper when describing a book to anyone. You may consider it brilliant, where as someone else could consider it horrid. But, I loved it. It's one of my favorites."
His eyes lit up with shock. That put an ecstatic smile on my face. How hilarious.
" Why isn't a girl like you dancing? Is your husband occupied? Must I ask for your hand?"
"Husb-Oh, I'm not married. Not yet anyway. If my mother saw fit I'd be married at 12."
"Are you not of age to wed?" He asked curiously.
"No, I'm 16."
He smiled," Just the right age. So, may I?"
I was puzzled," May you what?"
He again blinded me with his smile, behind his gold and violet mask,"May I have your hand for this dance?"
"Oh," My heart was in my throat. Knowing me, I would trip and fall, the next dance didn't start til- Oh damn, It started in two minutes. What was I waiting for?  He wanted to dance with me. To dance with The Meg Giry.
"S-sure," I stuttered.
He held out his gloved hand, and I delicately put mine in his. He strongly, yet hesitantly, lead me to the floor. The band started, and he placed his hand on my waist and I suppressed a shiver and placed mine on his shoulder. His other hand took mine, and we began to swirl.
    He almost seemed shocked that he could dance so well, and we didn't say a word. He swirled me and I felt the warmth of his hand through my silk gown. I felt his eyes on my face, and I watched how gracefully his feet moved. Our faces moved toward each other slowly and I almost didn't notice til a turn when his nose brushed against my cheek.
       The violins began to play softer and the piano played gently and methodically as the player ran his hands gently over the ivory. I placed my head on his chest, and I heard his heart beat rhythmically in his chest and I felt as if it only beat for me.
"Follow me," He whispered gently in my ear, and he danced us surreptitiously out of the room, onto the roof of the opera house.
I stared into his glowing brown eyes, and I reached up and popped the mask off his face. I ran my hand over his cheek-bones and I saw his beautiful face.
"What is your name?" I asked him gently, my eyes never leaving his face.
"Matthew, Matthew Gray Gubler"
"Sir Gubler, I have had a brilliant time tonight."
He laughed," So that is a proper way to use the word?"
"Yes," I whispered, his face so close to mine his breath ticked my face,"Yes it is," I leaned in toward him, and I caught sight of the clock across the opera house.
"Goodness!" I exclaimed.
"What?" He asked," Are you not well? What is wrong?"
"I must go!" I said, already on my way.
"What? Please don't go, I don't even know what you look like! I don't even know your name!" He cried chasing after me.
"I'm sorry, Good-bye,"My heart ripped out at the thought of leaving him, but I had to.
"Can you meet me here? Tomorrow?"
"Yes! Yes I can! Good-bye!"
"Good-night fair maiden of Paris, good night."

and I left him there, in the snow.






















Meg will continue that Friday Fantasy next Friday, but now she has to go.

ALBINO OUT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment