Friday, December 9, 2011

Meg's Romantic Mind pt.II

Today, was okay, as far as most of Meggie's days have gone. I had 3 movies watching, 2 tests grading, 20 HOMICIDAL URGES!!! Jk anyway, I get to see prince Joshie, and I'm happy.  He's in White Christmas which Meg will view tonight with Ness and Christine.


PEETA PEETA PEETA. Apparently, I'm carrying his child. Which I'm fine with. FUTURE PEETA, I WILL BARE YOUR CHILD ANYDAY!!! BECAUSE KATNISS COULDN'T CARE LESS.


Anyway, here's Meg's










FRIDAY FANTASY PART DUES

I woke the next morning, my blonde tresses strewn about the pillow, tangled and going ever which way. I remembered the man...Matthew. Oh! A name so sweet! Sir Gubler. Then a sudden fear came over me, clouding my blissful mind with gray.
     Had it all been a dream? I looked around my chamber. I saw my violet dress and cloak, which had been throw carelessly over my wardrobe. Then, I saw my slippers, which, last night, I had danced off my feet with exhilaration over the joy of the man. He was so beautiful. And I was to meet him tonight!
   I sighed and I heard my curtains get thrown open, causing the sunlight to be casting shadows around my room.
"Get up, Meg," I heard my mother grumble in her gravelly voice. I stood in response, I must obey my mother.
"Where were you last night?" she asked. I gave no response."Meg, the season is about to start and suitors are lining up, and you decide to frolic around the opera house! Honestly! Do you have no desire to be courted? To be married? Meg, it is my job to make sure you make it out there, to be married before you get to be an old maid. What do you have to say for yourself."
I sighed and looked shamefully at my feet. I could not tell her about Matthew. Oh, how she would reprimand me if she knew.
"I saw no suitors I was interested in, so I went back stage to dance and I lost track of time."
Mother frowned,"Then you best hope the managers noticed how much you've progressed," she spat at me, "Go to rehearsal. Now."
***
I looked whimsically out of my window, it was noon and there was a break in rehearsal because Carlotta was sick. Dumbest. Prima Donna. Ever. I sighed.
"Meg," My mother whispered from behind me," I'm sorry about what I said. I just really wish you would listen to me. Your Papa would not like this whimsical behavior of yours. You need to grow up, Meg."

I was just a girl.
A girl with whimsical dreams and ideas and thoughts and love. Love in my heart. Love in my mind.

"Mother," I asked," Do you know a Sir Gubler?"
She turned a look of shock and anger on me.
"How do you know about Monsieur Gubler?"
I came up with a quick and pitiful lie,"I heard a few of the ballerinas talk about him,"
"Do not go and meet the man, my dear. He-" she stopped dead.
"What? Is he not of good fortune? Of good wealth? Of good health? Is he a felon? Does he take advantage of women? What is it?"
"My dear, his mother is insane. She raised him, she is now in a insane asylum."
"Goodness!" I cried.
"I knew her as a girl, she was such a pretty girl. Her husband left her. And what choice had he? A decent man cannot stay with a woman like that. As for Monsieur Gubler,a good suitor, yes. Maybe it would be even a good idea for you to court him, just so other men would notice you."
"Mother-," I groaned.
"No buts. The next gala is to-morrow night and expect you to fill your dance card, understood?"
"Yes, mother,"
***
The midnight hour was practically upon me as I dressed. I laced my corset and pulled it as tight as it would go. I stained my lips and slid a red mask onto my face. It matched the red and gold dress I had made the other day. I smiled as twirled in front of my mirror, and I noticed I was practically pretty. Piling my hair on top of my head, I snuck quietly out of the the roof and onto the room of the opera house.
     The snow swirled and it froze me. I looked around and saw no one. Nothing. Nada. Zip, zilch, Zoblengata. I wished he was he, I prayed inside my head.
"Matthew," I called gently into the wind, "Where hast thee gone?"
Two hands came behind my and covered my eyes. My first reaction was to scream, but then-
"It is me, I am here."
I turned to face him and when I saw his face, I fell into his arms.
"Oh, Matthew! I missed you so!"
"And I you. I thought about you every minute of every hour since you've been away. How, I've missed you my lovely."
"There is a gala, to-morrow night. We must meet there. I haven't the time to stay here now, only to see you for the moment."
"Then, I shall see you to-morrow. The season is beginning, and I would thoroughly enjoy to court you, my darling dearest. How I love thee."
"And, I feel the same way. I have never felt this feeling. It is truly amazing."
"Good morrow my darling," He called as I left him.
"Good morrow good sir," I whispered, and he stole a kiss on my cheek.

And I danced all the way back to my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment