Thursday, May 16, 2013

Roses in the Winter-Nessa's Theme

A/N: This week is the last week of school, so the library was closed. I decided to reread Wicked, and apparently math just makes me want to write poetry, because I've written three poems in my honors Geometry class this year...and I never write poetry, for obvious reasons...I'm not good at it.
But Nessa was putting off feels, and Galinda is talking about how uppity Nessarose is, especially when you have to wipe her tears for her. So, here's my poem, Roses in the Winter. Enjoy!

 
 
 
Do you know how hard it is to cry
when you are unable to cast away your own tears?
A flick of the wrist, all it takes
A flick of what? Where? Disappointment, cloudy eyes, slurring swears and tears,
ringing, ringing, ringing past my ears causing tears
Cast away so young, so different, yet pure
Hands fret to help me stand
Why can't I stand alone?
Grasping, feeling, calling
Calling, calling for home
Years pass, people leave, people dying of shame
Dying for nothing, leaving no one
 
 
Roses bloom in early spring
 
a lovely sight for all
Roses spring their thorns
pushing, pushing, pushing away
How hard is it to cry when all wish to cast away your tears?
A flick of the wrist, green, red, brown, pink
 
The Sun rises in the East
 
Roses stretch to meet its heat
Eventually the tears stop
Sorrow turns to rage
Fuming, fuming, fuming as you are exiting the stage
Summer comes,
 
The Sun is high
 
The Roses in full bloom
 
The tears have stopped, fury builds,
power in pursuit
Sorrow comes, pushing away, hiding all the tears. Using the thorns that shrine the Rose who show who all she is
Fall comes
 
The Sun is dark
 
Life eclipsed in green
 
The Sun rises in the East, it rises in the East...
 
Roses sigh, working hard, stretching farther down
Stretching, stretching, stretching, fighting a way past the ground
 
Snow falls, petals drop, and green has disappeared
Rage is gone, no tears can fall
 
No one can catch them now
 
Winter comes
 
The Sun moves down, moving day by day
 
The Sun sets in the West
 
The Roses fall away
 
 
 
A/N: Alright, please r&r!! It makes my day!
 
-Meg


No comments:

Post a Comment