Friday, April 26, 2013

Cookie?

A/N: Demy here. Meg and I came up with a one shot idea at lunch whilst we ate our cookies. Mwahahahaha...


(SARAH)


"Sarah," Mom called. "Can you get the cookies out of the oven, please?"
"Sure," I replied. I stood from the couch and meandered to the kitchen, which was permeated with the scent of hot chocolate chip cookies. My mouth watered at the smell that increased as I opened the oven. The cookies sat on a cooking tray, looking gooey and delicious. I grabbed oven mitts and got the tray out of the oven and sat it on the table to cool. I knew better than to try and eat one right then, even if they looked so good. I had a weakness for sweets... (Especially apple pie...)
So there I sat. Staring at the cookies on the kitchen table. Going insane.
It felt like forever as I watched them. In all actuality, though, it was only five minutes. I figured I would only need to wait a few more.
There was a knock at the door, which took my attention away from the cookies that were taunting me. I stood up and went to the door to answer it.
"Hello, Sarah," came Kain's sweet voice as I opened the door. He leaned on the doorframe, wearing his usual Ishvalan clothes, and most of his snow white hair tied up in a short ponytail.
"Kain!" I squealed, hugging him. I felt him chuckle before letting go. "I didn't know you were coming!" If I had, I would've probably been wearing something a bit nicer than shorts and an old tee shirt, with my hair not even brushed fully. I didn't take much pride in my appearance when I knew I'd be sitting home alone all day.
He laughed. "Well, I would've called, but phones aren't all that common in Ishval."
I giggled and invited him in. We sat down on the couch together.
Kain tilted his head a little, sniffing the air. "What's that smell?" he asked.
"Oh!" I perked up a bit. "My mom made cookies." I stood and started walking towards the kitchen, looking back at Kain.
"Cookies?"
"Yeah," I answered. "You want some?"
He cocked an eyebrow. "I don't know," he said. "What's a cookie?"
"What do you mean 'What's a cookie?'" I laughed, crossing my arms.
"I meant, what's a cookie?" he reiterated.
My mouth hung open for a moment, then I dragged him by the arm into the kitchen.
He looked down at the tray with his eyebrows raised. "So.. That's a cookie?"
"Do they seriously not have cookies in Ishval...?" I asked incredulously.
"None that I've seen," he replied.
"I can't believe this..." I mumbled, eyes wide. I pried a cookie from the warm tray.
"I don't see why it's a big deal..." Kain said, a bit confused. I shoved the cookie in his hands.
"Eat it."
"Wait, what? But I don't even--"
"Eat. It." I glared at him.
He glanced down at the cookie in his hands warily, then shrugged and slowly brought it to his mouth. He nibbled on it a little, then took a larger bite. "Mmm..." he hummed, grinning.
"Sooo...?" I asked, eyes wide.
"This..." he mumbled. "Is..." He shoved the rest of the cookie in his mouth. "... I love these..."
He ended up eating most of the cookies...


A/N: Again, we came up with the inspiration for this at lunch. We had chocolate cookies (which were delicious) and, since I've had Kain on the brain recently, I said, "I wonder if Kain would like cookies..." Then we figured that he'd probably never had one before, considering they probably didn't have them in Ishval, and his childhood SUCKED.
I just thought seeing Kain eat a cookie for the fist time would be the most adorable thing everrrr~ Like... He's so badass and stuff and cookies are so awesome, and he'd just eat one and probably be like "Oh my Ishvala, this is freaking awesome!" Even though he would never say that.
Anyway, that's all I have to say for now. Hasta la pasta~

AND YOU NEED TO READ SOUL ALCHEMIST 15's SOUL EATER STORY BECAUSE IT IS EPIC. And I finally can read it properly since Meg and I finally finished watching Soul Eater. We stayed up watching episodes 36-51 last night.
I did not wake up until about 1 PM.


No comments:

Post a Comment