Sunday, October 21, 2012

CHAPTER 3 OF FF

RENESMEE'S POV

I lay on my bed while the moon throws beams of bright light across my face.
Jasper...
He wants to know when I started loving him. I guess it was all those years ago-well, not that many. It was when I was 10, and fully grown. I was with Jacob on First Beach. In those days, I didn't know he could hurt me...

The water lapped around our ankles, and I shivered at it's freezing touch. I heard the husky laugh next to me, and looked over to see his enormous smile.
"Cold?" he asked. He opened his arms, and I took to his side as he wrapped his huge arms around me. I sighed, totally content in this moment. He copied me in this, and I looked up at him, imagining it all.
I was born for him, and he felt the change in his blood when our eyes met, when I was too young to know anything. It was our magical destiny, fit for our mythical lives. But it was a love practically forbidden, though it could never be outlawed.
Jacob Black was a werewolf-well, shape shifter. I preferred that term to avoid this whole topic. I, Renesmee Carlie Cullen was a half-vampire. I shouldn't exist at all. But Jacob was born to kill my kind of people-especially the kind like me that were bred and harmed humans. He and I were born to hate each other.
But when I looked into Jacob Black's eyes, all I felt for him was love.
He led us to a dead tree, lying in the pearl sand of First Beach.
"So, Forever, huh?" I asked. He looked at me. It was the first either of us had ever said something like that aloud, but we both thought it.
"Yeah. I mean, what else would I want to do?" He gave me that ridiculous smile, as if I was his favorite person in the world. Well, I kind of was.
"I'm glad," I said, nuzzling into his side. "So, marriage, right?" I mumbled awkwardly.
He nodded and kissed my forehead. "I hope."
"And...kids?"
It took a moment, but Jacob's body began to radiate with laughter, shaking me. "I mean...yeah...if it's...er...Renesmee, have you-?"
"Started my period? Yes. Yes, Jacob, I'm pretty sure I can have kids."
He seemed to release tension I didn't know he'd had, his body exhaling loudly. "Then, yeah, we're gonna have kids," he said, and pressed his lips to mine. "If that's alright with you."
"So alright with me," I said, pulling him tight to me.
"Renesmee?" he asked.
"Mm?" I mumbled, sucking on his warm, tan neck. A low growl mewled in his throat.
"Have you ever thought about...well, you know..."
"What?" I asked, after he wouldn't elaborate further.
"Well...err...sex," he said quietly. I froze.
"Jacob..." I said. He stared expectantly at me, waiting for an answer. "I mean, yeah, I-I guess. I just...like, now?" I stammered, red in the face.
Jacob rubbed his arm, his goofy smile stuck awkwardly in place. "Yeah, I mean...yeah." He shrugged.
"I dunno..."
"C'mon, lets try." He came to where I had moved away as he jerked off my jacket. I glanced around. In the open? This was a low-traffic spot but c'mon! It was still open to public! This kind of thing was, like, illegal.
"Jacob," I warned.
He ripped off his shirt, and then his jeans, leaving him in green-cotton boxers. I gulped, backing a step up.
"My dad's gonna be here to pick my up soon," I tried again.
"He knew this was gonna happen," Jacob said, unbuttoning my top.

"After we're married!!" I screeched, but to no avail.
"Jacob, stop!" I said.
"You're not even, trying, Renesmee. C'mon, just, get down-"
"No!"
"Just-"
"Get away-!"
"Renesmee-"
"Get away from her!"
I was facedown in the sand, and it burned my arm. I looked down to see the blood dripping down my arm. Four long slices ran down it, the cut was deep. I heard the growling behind me. One deep in register, and the other different, like a tenor. I flipped around, my white button up was soaked and open and my black bra was in view. I didn't care.
Jasper Hale was sent to pick me up, and here he was, between me and the man I was destined to be with, who I thought could never hurt me.
"Get in the water, Renesmee!" he choked. My blood...
"Get in the water!"
I did as I was told, no matter how much it burned. I took off my top and wrapped it around my bleeding arm, hoping to stop it.
"Get away, now," was the last thing I heard Jasper growl as Jacob Black backed away in his wolf form, glowering at the southern vampire.

And glowering at me.

Goodbye, Jacob Black....


Jasper had carried me home, running as fast as he could. I knew it was hard, my blood staining his shirt and touching his chest. I knew that had to be hard. He left me as soon as I was in the arms of my father.

And that night, after I was bandaged up, was the first night I dreamt of Jasper Hale.

No comments:

Post a Comment